Monday, July 19, 2010

Dreams to Reality.

Ever since I’ve been a young girl I’ve been intrigued by the idea of packing up and taking a trip across country. In search of treasures and adventure, I would load up my “silver bullet” and “set sail” into the unknown, no exact destination, no agenda, just me and the open road.

Well, as I have matured bit since those original dreams I haven’t lost my sense of adventure and yearning for a long weekend in an airstream. So here goes nothing.

Life is a series of choices, of ups and downs, of loving and loosing, of growing and experiencing. Tired of the expression, “there is always tomorrow,” I set my sights on Miss Amelia and am making my dream a reality, no more waiting around for this gal.

In just one month, I have learned a bunch about “RV’s” or “Campers.” I have joined AAA for their special towing capabilities. I have learned that my “Camper Insurance” will cover the vehicle that is actually doing the physical towing. I have discovered the value of a good welder and how invaluable he can be to a project such as this. Did you know that most
Walmarts will let you park you camper in their parking lot overnight free of charge? Random new knowledge.

I haven’t yet begun the demolition and yet I can’t sleep at night thinking about the endless interior design possibilities. So many interior design themes and challenges...stay tuned for an upcoming post.

I hope you will join me on an overnight or two, Amelia sleep 4 adults and one pug. If you’
ve got a hitch, we should chat. Happy camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment